1. Leading from the Middle (LFTM) workbook (80 question, 30-page PDF)
2. LFTM discussion guide for book groups (PDF)
3. LFTM printable cheat sheets & worksheets (PDF’s): Personal MAP (Middle Action Plan), 1 on 1 Change Conversation Guide, Others-Oriented Compass, Coaching Conversation Funnel, The Managing Up Staircase Worksheet, Skill/Will/Hill Assessment
4. Video mini-course: 9 Most Uninspiring Inactions of a Leader
5. The Leadership Toolkit (PDF’s to help strengthen your leadership): 12 Ways to Keep Your Best Employees from Bolting, How to Craft a Learning Environment, How to Avoid Crushing Others Self-Confidence, 8 Ways to Grant Intelligent Autonomy, 10 Insights on Inspirational Leadership, How to be More Decisive, How to Act in the Face of Sudden Change, and Risk-Taking Conversation Starters
6. The Self-Leadership Toolkit (PDF’s to help strengthen your personal development and leadership of self): The “Innerview” - questions to help define your legacy, Purpose Power Questions – to help you identify your purpose, How to Earn the Respect You Deserve, The Color Coded Workplan method of prioritizing, The Authenticity Code of Conduct, 5 Musts for Being Mindfully Present, How to Increase Your Resilience in Change and Adversity
7. “Quotivations” bundle (downloadable inspiring quotes from Scott Mautz)
8. The Best of Scott Mautz’s Inc./The Blog leadership/self-leadership articles
9. The Best of “Performints” video bundle (A curated video collection of micro-leadership lessons)
The definitive playbook for driving impact as a middle manager
Leading from the Middle: A Playbook for Managers to Influence Up, Down, and Across the Organization delivers an insightful and practical guide for the backbone of an organization: those who have a boss and are a boss and must lead from the messy middle. Accomplished author and former P&G executive Scott Mautz walks readers through the unique challenges facing these managers, and the mindset and skillset necessary for managing up and down and influencing what happens across the organization.
You'll learn the winning mindset of the best middle managers, how to develop the most important skills necessary for managing from the middle, how to create your personal Middle Action Plan (MAP), and effectively influence:
Anyone in an organization who reports to someone and has someone reporting to them must lead from the middle. They are the most important group in an organization and have a unique opportunity to drive impact. Leading from the Middle explains how.
Scott Mautz is a popular keynote speaker (scottmautz.com) and a former Procter & Gamble senior executive who successfully ran several of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar businesses, all while transforming organizational health scores along the way. Scott is faculty at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business for Executive Education, where he teaches others-oriented leadership and the secret to sustaining employee engagement and high-performing organizations.
He was named a “CEO Thought-leader” by The Chief Executives Guild and a "Top 50 Leadership Innovator" by Inc.com, where he wrote a popular leadership/self-leadership column read by well over 1 million monthly readers. He’s the author of Make It Matter: How Managers Can Motivate by Creating Meaning (March 2015), a book that has received many accolades including “The 2106 Leadership Book of the Year - First Runner Up.” His second book, Find the Fire: Reignite Your Inspiration & Make Work Exciting Again (October, 2017) has likewise received much acclaim. He’s also a LinkedIn Learning course instructor and CEO/founder of Profound Performance, a keynote, workshop, and coaching company. Scott frequently appears in a variety of national media.